Cyber Security Operations Lead
Package: £60000 - £70000 per annum + pension plus extensive other benefits
Resolve Recruitment are delighted to be working with a dynamic and forward-thinking UK based insurer.
They are currently seeking a "remote based" Cyber Security Operations Lead to join their expanding team.
Salary: Up to £70k plus bonus and extensive benefits
Supporting the Cyber Operations function, you'll ensure objectives and the Cyber Strategy is truly rooted in the business. With responsibility for the Security Operations Centre Services (SOCS) , you'll lead the team to ensure there are protective monitoring systems, notifications and alerting, identification and reporting of real time attacks and vulnerabilities on the estate.
Our client is big on working flexibly - you'll spend most of your time working from home, with a couple of days a month in the office. But of course, it's your choice - if you prefer to be in the office more - that's good with us too.
We'd love to have you on the team if:
- You're a natural when it comes to analytical and problem-solving skills, lets say identifying root causes and offering innovative and cost optimised solutions are your powers.
- Strong time management and self-discipline are your tools of your trade!
- Excellent stakeholder management skills up to C-Suite - it's your thing.
Powering the business with the right tools
- Support the Head of IT Operations in defining strategic roadmaps.
- Implement and maintain 1st / 2nd line security incident / event management, escalation and technical response process and investigate suspected and actual incidents / events. Acting as a key escalation point in the team to the relevant team/individual.
- Design, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade security measures for the protections of the information systems and networks.
- Support out of hours upgrades/implementations and testing in conjunction with Business Change, Technology, and other stakeholders.
- To participate in a 24/7 on-call rota to respond to security alerts and adhere to the requirements and responsibilities of the on-call policy.
- Work with relevant control owners/teams to understand and identify areas for improvement on the identification of and recovery from information security threats and incidents.
- Support the planning, development, documentation, implementation and testing of the corporate cyber security controls and processes.
- Adhere to change management processes for all implementations.
- Assist in software auditing ensuring compliance.
- Provide support to all other departmental staff and ensure delivery of requested services.
- Identify and feedback any potential improvements from a cyber perspective to IT systems and infrastructure.
- Responsible for ensuring all system & procedural documentation is accurate, effective, and up to date.
- Line management duties including coaching and development of Cyber Operations Analysts.
- Comply with the requirements, and act in accordance with, the Group Code of Conduct and Fitness and Propriety policies at all times.
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies, Values and guidelines and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Strong understanding of at least 5 of the following 6 core technology areas (Sentinel, MCAS, Defender, Office365 Security, DLP) including their configuration (excess of 5 years' experience).
- Experience of end-to-end Penetration testing from scoping to remediation
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills, identifying root causes and offering innovative and cost optimised solutions.
- Assist in the delivery of Cyber Security workstreams, assessing impact on IT service security to prioritise actions.
- Strong time management and self-discipline skills.
- Experience of compiling reports detailing activity and progress along with project plans to within accurate timescales.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills for end users all the way up to C-Suite.
Skills & Qualifications
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)(Preferable)
- Web Application Security.
- Experience in creating and maintaining BAU runbooks, use-case definitions, and operating procedures.
- Expertise in the use of security frameworks such as Mitre ATT&CK, NIST or the ISF's Standard of good practice.
- Strong administration of Azure Cloud and Data Centres infrastructure
- Strong network and firewall knowledge.
- Significant experience in using analysis tools and working with Azure.
- SIEMs, SOCs and other vendors to produce reports and performance reports which inform priority and recommended actions to enhance.
- 5 years' experience in Cyber Security related duties.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Azure and cyber security accreditation preferable.
- Security by default approach to delivery.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- A quick thinker with a 'can do' attitude and an aptitude for creativity.
- An organised and pro-active approach.
- Demonstrates an ability to help others and is approachable.
- Experienced in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Takes initiative to make decisions.
- A flexible approach and positive attitude.
If this sounds like you, please apply TODAY!!
Return to job search