Location: St. Helens
Transport Coordinator, Haydock, St Helens
Resolve Recruitment are working with a leading UK pharmaceutical supplier. They are now looking for a Transport Planner to join their team in Haydock, St Helens, on a temporary to permanent basis.
- Briefing and debriefing of drivers, including issuing day work schedules, equipment and paperwork. Informing drivers of any special requirements or instructions and making them aware of the expectations of the day.
- Working with agencies to fill bookings for drivers
- Discussing with drivers any failed deliveries, taking equipment back, issuing driver behaviour score from Verilocation, and dealing with vehicle defects
- Instructing drivers, passing over information and dealing with queries whilst they are out on the road. Checking drivers ETA and checking they are sticking to routes and questioning them if necessary, on any issues they may be having.
- Dealing with delivery bookings, contacting customers that require deliveries to be booked in. Consulting with the First-Line Manager to ensure that all ETA's are obtained so that vehicles, deliveries, and collections can run smoothly
- Inputting data onto the transport system and production of internal and external reports
- Collecting and collating data from Transport and Warehouse operations, including client deliveries
- Conducting depot searches
- Answering calls, both internal and external, in a prompt and professional manner
- Dealing with driver queries both face to face and over telephone
- Contacting other depots and discussing any issues or plans that need to be put in place
- Responding to internal vehicle fridge alerts. Managing any changes in temperature and handling them in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Support company Health and Safety, and operational legislation at all times.
- Using various transport systems (e.g Verilocation, Zetes) to resolve issues and provide information
- Responsible for adhering to the legal compliances of the MHRA and Road Haulage association, as delegated by the First Line Manager and/or Shift Manager
- Carry out HR meetings with colleagues, and other team members, at the appropriate level (e.g Investigation Meetings or Return to Work Meetings)
- Flexible approach to working times, including working overtime shifts if required.
- Must have previous administrative experience, including a competent use of Microsoft packages and excellent typing skills
- Previous experience using transport systems is necessary
- Must be professional and approachable at all times
- Previous experience working within transport is essential
- An understanding UK Road Transport rules and regulations
- Willing and able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Willing and able to work within a team as well as individually
- Must have high attention to detail
- Fluent in communicative English, both written and speaking
- Ability to follow and provide clear instructions.
- Sunday to Thursday
- Overtime is available
If this Transport Planner position based in Haydock, St Helens, is something that you are interested in or would like more information about, please don't hesitate to APPLY TODAY
Transport Planner, Transportation, Transport Planning, Transport Operator, Transport, Transport Operations, Transport Operations Management, Haydock, St Helens
Return to job search