Package: £25000 - £28000 per annum + excellent benefits list
Transport Planner, Avonmouth
Due to continued expansion following a takeover, our client currently seek an experienced Transport Planner to work in their Avonmouth depot (Bristol). They specialise in the distribution of palletised freight throughout the UK, with a daily throughput of approximately 600 pallets plus daily groupage consolidation for shipment to Scandinavia.
- Routing of Deliveries and Collections within the BS Postcode area.
- Communicate with Customers daily via telephone providing them with answers and help to any concerns or questions they have
- Communicate with other member depots within the Pallet Network to ensure deliveries are being made to schedule.
- Data input onto our TMS - route planning the most cost effective way.
- Dealing with drivers to ensure they are adhering to route plans, communicate ETA's and any issues to customers / depots.
- Dealing with Warehouse staff and dispatching our trunks to our central hub.
- Experience in a Transport Coordination/Planner role - minimum 1 year
- Have extensive knowledge of the BS and wider South West region
- Good understanding and previous use of a TMS
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft
- Comprehensive IT skills
- Possess a positive can-do attitude towards work
Hours & Package:
- A starting salary of up to £28,000 pa (depending on experience)
- Excellent training, development and career path
- Monday to Friday: 1300pm to 2130pm
- 1 in 3 Saturdays: 0600 to 1100am
For more information about this exciting and rewarding Transport Planner career, please APPLY TODAY.
Return to job search