Category & Trade Marketing Manager
Package: Up to £40000 per annum + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Category & Trade Marketing Manager, London
Resolve Recruitment are proud to be working with the market leader in a niche product range dedicated to building professionals and DIY consumers. Due to continued growth, they now seek an experienced Category & Trade Marketing Manager to be responsible for executing marketing plans to support business development with key customers, in the professional and DIY sectors in the UK and English speaking territories.
- Work closely with key accounts and other channel customers (mainly in the DIY space, with some crossover into building and construction accounts) to develop and implement products and ranges.
- Research, develop, and present insight and data based on understanding of markets and end users, to create solid ranging proposals to channel customers for ranging products and ranges, based on financial returns per unit of space.
- Implement and manage channel customer product and range plans throughout their life cycle
- Manage channel customer data integrity: product data sheets, price lists, listings, websites data, etc.
- Work closely with channel customers to maximise marketing opportunities that will maximise category sales potential.
- Implement and execute strong marketing promotion calendars for key customers: Sponsoring and / or attending customer events, product promotions in store and online.
- Develop communication materials to support the above, as required, e.g., literature, presentations, point of sale materials, website, and social media communications.
- Help to drive channel customer staff and end user demonstration & training programmes - work with channel customers to support the Product Marketing Specialist and Technical Sales Manager in the implementation of in-store and regional customer demonstration and training events.
- Work with the sales team and product team to support the launch and implementation of new products and categories into channel customers, via promotion plans, PR, social media, website, and advertising.
Essential qualifications & experience
- Degree (or equivalent) in marketing or an associated subject. Or a relevant CIM qualification
- Experience in marketing for a product brand and/or marketing in the DIY, construction, or painting & decorating sectors
- Some previous experience in category marketing / management (likely, in retail)
Essential skills, knowledge & abilities
- A mindset that combines insight, creativity and forward thinking with a proven ability to work with data and numbers
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to influence at all levels of the business
- Strong ability to engage with account customers and end users.
- Strong written communication and literacy skills
- Good level of competence in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- A proven ability to take and retain ownership and personal responsibility
- Possesses good attention to detail
Personal qualities & circumstances
- Practical, dynamic self-starter with a demonstrable high degree of drive and initiative
- Projects a positive attitude and a 'can do' mindset
- Able to demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Displays a professional and credible manner
- Based South/South-East/M4 corridor
- Flexibility to work from home in a suitable home-office environment and in a London-based office.
- Able to travel to internal and supplier meetings, customer events, etc.
- Able to travel to head office in France occasionally
Desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- Some knowledge of the French language, written and spoken, (or an interest in learning this) would be an advantage
- 3+ years' experience in Product marketing, Brand marketing, or Category/trade/coms marketing
- A competitive basic of £40,000 p/a
- Additional bonus based on performance targets
- Remote / flexible homeworking
- Other great benefits
- Excellent induction and ongoing support
For more information about this exciting and rewarding Category & Trade Marketing Manager career, please APPLY TODAY.
Return to job search