Package: £24000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent benefits
Transport Supervisor, Avonmouth
Resolve Recruitment Services are proud to be working with one of Europe's most successful and established companies within healthcare distribution. An excellent opportunity has arisen to join their Avonmouth site as a Transport Supervisor.
- Responsible for the daily operational requirements of the depot by leading and motivating all team mates to ensure that agreed KPI's and service level agreements are met at all times
- Full, thorough and independent day to day management of Depot
- Responsible for Health and Safety of the team, ensuring safe working practices are adhered to at all times e.g. accidents, investigations, risk assessments and daily checks.
- Monitoring KPI data, identifying trends with a view to improving efficiencies and achieving continuous improvement targets
- Super user for all IT systems e.g. Epods and scanners, ensuring usage is within KPI and all problems are reported to relevant parties
- Maintenance of systems including Verilocation, TMS, Tachomaster and Fleet Check
- Ensure driver brief and debrief is completed to Company quality requirements
- Ability to present and explain comprehensive and robust information in a timely fashion when required, daily, weekly and monthly
- Responsible for identifying and achieving cost saving initiatives/efficiencies wherever possible
- Action computerised vehicle scheduling to ensure optimum effectiveness and completion of customer requirements and service levels
- Ensure that vehicles required for service are presented when scheduled or requested
- Efficiently manage and raise all Purchase Orders
- Ongoing teammate management, engagement and development; appraisals, objective setting, regular reviews, identifying training needs, coaching and developing teammates where appropriate.
- Effectively manage all HR related activities e.g. holidays, sickness absence, investigations and disciplinaries with an aim to finding suitable resolutions within the scope of the Company's policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively at all levels.
- Liaise with other Depots or departments within the Company network to ensure operations are satisfactorily completed and also promoting good working relationships to maximise performance.
- Deal with customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- The requirement to be on an 'on call' rota
- Essential: 2 years plus experience within a similar role in the logistics/transport industry
- Essential: Must be a UK Driving Licence Holder
- Working knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation relevant to the workplace
- Articulate, numerate and computer literate including the use of Microsoft packages and transport operational system
- CPC or an advanced knowledge of transport legislation
- Demonstrable leadership and man-management experience and skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive basic salary of up to £32,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Excellent benefits
- Excellent induction and ongoing support
For more information on this exciting and rewarding Transport Supervisor career please APPLY BELOW.
Return to job search