Package: £25000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent benefits
Network Administrator - Leeds Bradford Airport, LS19
- £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
Our client, a leading online marketing company based near Leeds Bradford Airport are currently recruiting for a Server and Network Administrator to join their small but busy technical team. You will be supporting internal staff and customers alike so excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must. A passion for technology, being adaptable, pragmatic and approachable are also essential traits required for this role.
You will need to demonstrate a good working knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems and applications, ideally with 3-4 years of experience in a similar role. This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to further their technical knowledge and experience.
You may be required to visit the company's sales offices as often as weekly, so a driving license and your own transport are essential.
- Planning and overseeing the implementation of new systems and practices.
- Managing 1st Line Support staff.
- Monitoring both internal and external servers/services to ensure both are running at peak performance and as efficiently as possible.
- Diagnose hardware/software problems and replace defective components.
- Ensure backups are maintained and disaster recovery operations are viable.
- Maintain and administer internal networks.
- Plan, coordinate and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software and hardware.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Monitor network performance in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Analyse equipment performance records in order to determine the need for repair or replacement.
- Research new technology, and implement it or recommend its implementation.
- Ensuring all incidents are logged.
- Coordinate with vendors and with company personnel in order to facilitate purchases.
- Assisting other members of the technical team with various issues and projects.
- Windows 7/10 & Microsoft Office 2007-2016
- WHMCS, WHM and cPanel
- DNS, DHCP and VPN
- Active Directory
- Familiarity with Firewalls (WatchGuard/Firebox)
- Familiarity with PHP, Apache and MySQL
- Familiarity with VoIP/PBX systems
- Familiarity with switches
- Windows Server 2008/2012
- Computer equipment installation & repair
- Strong Linux Knowledge/Understanding
- TCP/IP Networking
For more information on this opportunity, please APPLY BELOW.
Return to job search