Technical Claims Specialist
Package: Up to £24000 per annum + overtime + excellent benefits
Technical Claims Specialist, Thornbury, Bradford
Resolve Recruitment are working with one of the worlds largest vehicle warranty companies. Due to progression/internal movement, our client seek a number of Technical Claims Specialists to work remotely (initially) and from their Bradford offices.
Dealing with claims and general incoming telephone enquiries received from customers, dealerships and end users and providing a consistently superior customer experience at all times by meeting or exceeding our customer's expectations. Using their expert technical knowledge to authorise claims and negotiate claims payments for mechanical breakdown, parts and labour rates, which can often involve very high values.
- To ensure all telephone claims are processed proactively and efficiently within the limits of authority and in line with company policy.
- To ensure claimants are informed of the status of the claim - where a claim is rejected or adjusted. A full explanation of the reasons must be recorded on the claim file.
- To respond to claim enquiries and internet referrals within the limits of authority and in line with company policy and the terms and condition of the product.
- Where requested to process claims payments within the limits of authority and in line with company policy and the terms and condition of the product.
- Using their technical expertise to make claims decisions.
- To ensure any issue that is over and above the limits of authority/scope of the job description is escalated immediately to the relevant manager.
Customer Service functions:
- To deliver a consistently superior customer experience, ensuring that we have met all the customer's needs, answered all their questions and that then customer fully understands our decisions.
- Responsible for achieving the individual customer service targets set (i.e. Quality, AHT, and Break targets).
- Dealing with all manner of customer payment enquiries including, but not limited to, cancellations, registrations, finance enquiries & policy amendments.
- Ensuring that sufficient notes, of a suitable quality, are recorded on the core policy system after every call or action.
- Ensuring that the complaints procedure is followed where a complaint is made, including the issuing of verbal final responses.
- To conform to all company policies in force at all times e.g. the security of corporate information, electronic mail policy, computer usage policy.
- To conform to legislative and procedural policies in force at all times e.g. FCA Regulations, DPA requirements.
- To ensure all property assigned is kept in good order with any faulty equipment being immediately reported to the relevant department.
- To adhere to company dress policies and ensuring suitable standards of personal hygiene.
- Holds a City & Guilds/NVQ Level 3 certificate or equivalent in Motor Vehicle Engineering (Essential).
- Previous Experience of working in a Motor Vehicle Engineering environment (Essential).
- Evidence of working in a FCA regulated environment (Desirable but not essential).
- Able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills (Essential).
- Evidence of working in a customer focused environment (Desirable but not essential).
Hours & package:
- 37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday - between 0830 and 1730
- Optional overtime 0900-1230 every Saturday (x1.5)
- Company pension
- 4x annual salary life insurance
- Optional benefits to buy - cycle to work scheme, holidays to buy scheme, gym flex and PMI health care
- Optional overtime: 0900-1230pm on Saturday (x 1.5)
For more information about this exciting and rewarding Technical Claims Specialist careers, please APPLY TODAY!
Return to job search