Package: £20000 - £23000 per annum + Excellent benefits
Transport Planner, Bristol
Resolve Recruitment are working with a market leading organisation who operate a national and international network of e-commerce and specialist mail services. Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent full-time Transport Planner to join the team at their brand new hub in North Bristol. Working closely with the Transport Manager, the Transport Planner will be responsible for providing effective day-to-day management of all transport movements into all company operational facilities; from customer collection through to delivery.
- 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday shift between 13:00-21:00. However, it is essential applicants are flexible to work outside of the normal core hours when required.
- Management of all daily transport movements
- Conduct daily briefing and debriefing for all drivers ensuring all relevant information is captured.
- Update drivers run list and manifests accordingly.
- Complete administrative duties as required including route sheets, drivers time sheets, agency drivers' hours, IMC paperwork and TMS data inputting
- Monitor vehicle and trailer types and amend where required due to operational requirements
- Ensure all collections and deliveries are performed on time and in the most cost-effective manner by tracking vehicles using the latest technology provided by Fleet Trak and support Client Services with ETA's when required
- Update the transport measurement system to ensure that all relevant data can be measured by KPI's.
- Ensure that Industrial Relations are maintained and keep good working relationship between the Transport Controllers and the drivers
- Be responsible for first level of disciplinary investigations for all drivers
- Ensure all Health & Safety Regulations are upheld at all times
- Ensure driver Digi-Card downloads are completed at the start of the shift and at the end of the shift, as per company procedure
- Manage driver daily vehicle checks and defect reporting through new digital system and liaising with Maintenance Service Suppliers
- Ensure vehicles and trailers are available for Planned Maintenance Inspections and MOT's and go to the workshop on time
- Monitor PMI reports and MOT Prep reports for repairs not captured on daily driver checks
- Complete daily handover logs to ensure all issues are communicated to the next shift
- Complete any other duties as required
- Ideally 1 year plus experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of all Vehicle Operator Licence requirements
- Excellent knowledge of all EC and UK drivers' hours regulations
- Experience of working as a Transport Controller/Co-Ordinator within a multi-collection environment
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to ensure total compliance whilst maintaining customer service levels
- Exceptional organisational skills and able to effectively manage own workloads
- Experienced in Microsoft Office systems and other office systems
- Strong communicator in both verbal and written English and be both polite and professional to external and internal colleagues
- A highly competitive basic salary of £23,000.
- Other excellent benefits and perks
For more information on this exciting and rewarding Transport Planner career, please APPLY BELOW
Return to job search