Commercial Vehicle Maintenance Technician
Package: £34357 - £37508 per annum + Shift Allowance
Commercial Vehicle Maintenance Technician, Weston Super Mare
Resolve Recruitment are working with a leading waste management company, based in North Somerset who are seeking an experienced and qualified Commercial Vehicle Technician to be part of its commercial maintenance team, you will be responsible for the safe and effective maintenance of their high profile, front-line fleet. The role is based at their Weston super Mare workshop facility.
- Be responsible for undertaking routine and non-routine maintenance and repair in the company's workshop facility managing its fleet of vehicles, plant, and equipment.
- Carry out scheduled service and inspections to meet the Company's requirements under its Operators licence including preparation for periodic testing
- Complete service and repair documentation in accordance with Company requirements and standards including inspection forms, defect, and job cards.
- To respond to vehicle breakdowns, diagnosing and arranging recovery where required.
- Drive and operate vehicles and plant as required including assisting with logistical arrangements when off-site works required.
- Provide technical advice, guidance and information to team as required in order to support comprehensive fleet maintenance and repair
- Carry out any other such reasonable job-related tasks as the Company may require you to undertake from time to time.
- Full driving licence
- HGV qualified technician at City & Guilds level 1,2&3 or equivalent
- Commercial Vehicle Technician (HGV) - 2+ years
- MOT preparation experience
- Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical system
- Understanding of legislation in relation to vehicle maintenance and operator licencing
- Proven ability of assessment of vehicles, plant, and equipment
- Proven ability to fault diagnose and undertake repairs and modifications on own initiative.
Return to job search
- £37,508 (£34,357 + £3151.19 shift allowance per annum)
- 45 hours weekly (On a shift pattern to include Early/Late shifts to be agreed, commencing from 6am)
- Monday - Friday
- Company will consider funding your Class 2 HGV Licence.