“We aim to provide the best possible learning experience to enhance personal development and maximise staff confidence & performance.”
Driver CPC Training Course – What’s Involved?
The Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC) is a qualification for professional bus, coach and lorry drivers. It has been introduced across Europe with the professed aim of improving road safety and helping to maintain high standards of driving. The legislation came into effect into the United Kingdom on 10th September 2009.
Driver CPC Training Content – What To Expect:
- Learn about the transmissions systems
- How to correctly operate safety controls in a vehicle
- How to optimise fuel consumption
- Learning and knowing the regulations around driver working hours
- avoiding risks through physical means
- Assessing emergency situations
- How to represent your employer properly
- First Aid
Driver CPC Training Course – Why Do I Need It?
- Under the European Union Directive, a professional bus, coach and lorry driver needs to hold a Driver CPC in addition to their vocational driving licence.
- Drivers of lorries over 3.5 tonnes and minibuses with 9 seats or more must usually obtain a driver CPC. New drivers must obtain their driver CPC by passing a series of initial qualification tests
- Theory & Practical
- Bus and coach (PCV) drivers who hold a relevant vocational licence (D, D1M D+E AND D1+E) gained before 10 September 2008, (including restricted vocational licence D issues after 1991 and D1 issued before 1997) and lorry (LGV) drivers who obtain their licence (C, C1, C+E and C1+E) before 10 September 2009, do not need to take the initial qualification. This is because they are deemed to hold ‘acquired rights. However, they will still have to complete periodic training to keep their Driver CPC.
What Do We Have To Offer?
- A number of fully qualified trainers
- A highly focused and professional training environment
- Onsite option (Be trained at your place of work)
- Food provided at our academy
- Refreshments provided at our academy
- Group discounts available
- Instant Certification once successfully complete, issues by the Joint Approvals Unit For Periodic Training (JAUPT)