Technical Support Officer
Package: £27396 - £30834 per annum + + Excellent Benefits
Technical Support Officer, Keynsham
Resolve Recruitment are proud to be working with a national family of schools committed to delivering an excellent education that launches all the children in our care into a remarkable life. Due to continued growth, they now seek a Technical Support Officer based in their Academy in Keynsham with travel to other academies around Bristol, Somerset, and Gloucestershire 1-2 times per week. This is a brand new role that will see our client attempt to bridge the gap between school-based IT engineering and teaching, a role that is deemed particularly critical given the opportunity to leverage and integrate the use of technology into the running of the school post pandemic.
- Supporting staff in the use of technology in-classroom, pre, during and post lessons.
- Leading on innovative use of technology through projects, trials, and proofs-of-concept
- Working with other Technology Support Officers across the trust to create a community of innovation and best practice in ed-tech
- Supporting students in the use of technology for learning.
- Working in partnership with the IT Team to maintain technology across the school, particularly focussing on configuration of:
- End user devices used by staff and students.
- Audio visual equipment used in-classroom.
- Applications and software used in-classroom.
- Orchestrating and subsequently delivering training on the use of technology to staff and students.
- Owning the end user device rollout and refresh and working closely with the central team to feed into this.
- Working with senior leadership to feed in technological input into the academy improvement plan and school strategy. This will include inputting ideas and considerations for how technology can contribute to the key strategic aims of the school.
- Please note: The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Experience in working with education technology
- A track record of delivering innovative and modern technology solutions
- Experience working with Chromebooks and iPads and Windows devices in an education environment
- A minimum of 5 years' experience of diagnosing, troubleshooting, and deploying a range of devices such as PCs,
Laptops, Chromebooks, and iPads
- Experience working with Chromebooks and iPads and Windows device
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with teachers, students, and other stakeholders
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- Full, clean UK driving license and ability to use own car for work
- Willingness to travel to other sites within the Trust as required
- Evidence of a commitment to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people
- Google certified trainer
- Google certified Innovator
- Google certified Administrator
- Apple teacher
- Experience of teaching or supporting teaching
- Experience of working in school or an education establishment
- Experience of delivering training and producing training materials
- A competitive basic of up to £30,834 p/a
- Mileage paid for travel to sites other than base site in Keynsham
- 38 hours per week: office hours Monday-Friday with flexibility to work remotely and from base site only during school holidays
- Suitable candidates looking for term time only hours may be considered at a pro rata salary
- Other great benefits
- Excellent induction and ongoing support
For more information about this exciting and rewarding Technical Support Officer career, please APPLY TODAY.
Return to job search