Assistant Depot Manager
Package: £30000 - £33000 per annum + excellent benefits
Assistant Depot Manager, Hallen, BS10
Resolve Recruitment are proud to be working with one of the UKs largest waste management companies. Due to a new depot start up, they seek an experienced Assistant Depot Manager to oversee and run the transport from their busy site in Hallen.
Staff Directly Responsible to Job Holder
- Transport Supervisor
- Transport Co-Ordinators
- LGV Drivers
- Driver's mates
Main Purpose of Job
- To deputise for the Area Manager As required
- To be responsible for the depot in the absence of the Area Depot Manager
- To organise and control the operation of the LGV fleet in the collection and disposal of waste, in order to achieve driver and vehicle production targets.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To ensure the Company's compliance with the Road Traffic Act.
- To ensure the Company's compliance with the Environmental Protection Act.
- To ensure the Company's compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act
- To ensure that all staff are trained in all company Policies and Procedures
- To route vehicles efficiently to minimise dead mileage.
- To monitor drivers work performance throughout the course of the day to ensure maximum productivity.
- To complete a production report form for each driver when productivity is below the specified target.
- To check and file driver tachograph cards in compliance with the Road Traffic Act.
- To issue sales prices as directed from specified lists in answer to telephone enquiries
- To action and resolve invoice disputes
- To receive and execute customer orders.
- To record all orders and allocate to vehicles.
- To ensure all loads or collections not carried out on the specified day are carried out as a priority on the next working day.
- To motivate the workforce and maintain high morale.
- To ensure vehicles are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- To ensure driver compliance with the vehicle defect reporting procedure.
- To ensure that all company premises including skip park, vehicle parks, canteen, toilets and offices are kept in clean and tidy condition.
- To monitor stocks of waste containers and ensure availability of specific types for new contracts.
- To observe and implement Company safety procedures.
- To recommend improvements to working practices and procedures.
- To check the accuracy and standard of documents returned from drivers.
- To ensure that sales documentation is adequately complete and correctly batched prior to computer input.
- To comply with the Company cash sale policy.
- To recommend ways in which efficiency and profitability may be improved.
- To read, observe and implement Company procedures.
- To liaise with workshops to ensure that drivers are allocated sufficient time to clean vehicles prior to scheduled service appointments.
- To prepare schedules of costings to achieve the most economic disposal of wastes at Company owned and other landfill sites.
- An experienced Transport Manager/Assistant Depot Manager - waste experience a bonus
- Experience overseeing a busy transport division - currently 7 HGVs and increasing
- Experience in managing and motivating staff including inductions
- Experience in drivers hours, tacho's, vehicle safety and general H & S legislations
- You will ideally have a Transport Manager CPC - or keen to get this
The package & hours:
- Working Monday to Friday - 0800 to 1700 (potentially some flexibility)
- Starting salary of £32,965 p/a + excellent benefits
For more information about this exciting Assistant Depot Manager career, please APPLY TODAY.
Return to job search