Legal Expenses Underwriter
Package: £23000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Legal Expenses Underwriter, Bristol
Resolve Recruitment are working with an innovative and highly successful legal insurance organisation working in partnership with brokers, insurers and solicitors. Due to continued growth, they seek now seek a Legal Expenses Underwriter to focus on the underwriting and reviewing of risk whilst also producing the appropriate policy wordings and appropriate terms of new and existing business agreements for customers.
- Work with multiple stakeholders under limited supervision within established processes, procedures and authority limits.
- Manage your own portfolio of insurance business, taking ownership of accounts in collaboration with the sales team.
- Review and assess new insurance business applications and provide our sales team with new scheme quotes and prices for one off insurance cover.
- Use your analytical skills to understand historic trends and claims experiences to set renewal terms.
- Pro- and re-actively monitor and manage your insurance portfolio to ensure it meets our risk appetite and remains profitable.
- Liaise with insurance companies, brokers and other intermediaries as required to maintain strong relationships.
- Provide support to the sales team to ensure we continue to provide award winning service.
- Good level of education (minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade C+ or equivalent).
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in an insurance setting.
- CII qualified or working towards is desirable
- Good numerical and literacy skills.
- Strong IT skills particularly using Excel.
- Genuine desire to learn and challenge yourself.
- Extremely comfortable working with and manipulating numbers in Excel, to understand historical trends and future projections.
- Proven relevant experience, but not necessarily in an insurance discipline.
- Excellent attention to detail and be comfortable assessing information quickly and effectively.
- Enjoy working as part of a busy team, and relish is swapping from one task to another.
- Highly organised and quick to prioritise your work as needed.
- Excellent salary of up to £30k basic p/a depending on experience
- Monday to Friday 9-5 (35 hours per week) - flexibility is available
- Work from home up to 3 days per week
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the option of buying an additional 5 days and carrying over
- 7% employer contributions
- Free Legal Expenses Insurance and Motor Breakdown Cover
- Health Cash Plan
- Gym subsidy worth up to £25 pcm
- Cycle scheme and interest free commuter loans
- Company Sick Pay and enhanced Parental Leave
- Free coffee, tea, squash and biscuits
- Free company events and socials
- Learning expenses and time for study and exams
- Ongoing support and great career progression
For more information on this exciting and rewarding Legal Expenses Underwriter career, please APPLY BELOW
Return to job search