Media Sales Manager
Package: £35000 - £44000 per annum + high OTE + car allowance + benefits
Media Sales Manager, Cardiff (Wales Territory)
Resolve Recruitment are working with UK's largest regional business media company, reaching over 500,000 business leaders every month and growing daily. Due to continued expansion within their market, our client now seeks an experience Media Sales Manager to join their successful team in Cardiff to become part of this growing business and enjoy the benefits of its continued success. You will be working in existing vertical markets in which they have established contacts/clients and you will be primarily responsible for delivering revenue from an existing, mature sales territory. You will have further responsibilities for managing the media planning process, creativity around the creation of new products and services for the Welsh Market and the day to day management of some sales processes and reporting.
- Secure advertising, sponsorship and leaflet revenues for print, sponsorship for a range of business events and advertising, content partnerships and sponsorship of a range of online products & services.
- Develop and strong understanding of the vertical markets you represent and become an 'expert' for your clients to use as a sounding board.
- To identify and contact customers familiar with the company from the Salesforce CRM system and set up initial meetings to understand the customer needs - to then present opportunities across the portfolio and secure business.
- To identify new customers pro-actively, set up appointments and establish a client's need, present opportunities and win business.
- To manage pipeline activities for both yourself and a Business Development Manager and deliver weekly reporting.
- To liaise with the editorial and events team to organise feature content and create additional opportunities for revenue - also to manage the print planning and copy liaison process.
- To be able to use the company CRM system to its maximum benefit to regularly market and update clients.
- To take the initiative and be proactive in coming forward with innovative ideas which could benefit the team and wider company.
- To attend relevant industry events to develop relationships
- To be the key point of contact commercially for the Wales business territory
- Essential: B2B Media and/or Events Sales/Sales Management experience.
- Ideally minimum 3 years of experience working in a business to business sales capacity or certainly a minimum of 5 years in a sales role
- A level of formal training around sales structures and buying habits - you will understand how to be successful in selling and the strong habits that go with this success.
- Previous experience working within advertising/publishing also advantageous - similarly a business development professional from the financial services, professional services, legal or educational sectors.
- Rounded and professional individuals who ideally have a strong educational background and are constant learners.
- Ability and confidence to communicate effectively and interact at senior levels.
- Strong motivation and drive to succeed to maximum potential.
- Ability to develop sales materials, presentations and deliver compelling propositions
- Innovative and creative with a natural curiosity to hunt for new opportunities.
- Persuasive personality with a hard headed approach - somebody who is not easily defeated!
- Competitive personality who enjoys beating the competition.
- Works well under pressure and relishes deadlines and targets
- Attention to detail - good organisational skills and client follow-through
- Perceptive, diplomatic, resourceful, mature
- A highly competitive basic salary of £44,000
- Monthly bonus + substantial additional bonus opportunities
- Car allowance
- Other excellent benefits and perks
Return to job search
For more information on this exciting and rewarding Media Sales Manager career APPLY BELOW